Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ethical Hacking

Well, Whenever i recall my memorize of university life, It reminds me my achievement on WLAN hacking. This post covers my one of assignment given by my teacher to ethically hack a Wireless network and after that suggest tools to stop such flaws. So Today i am here to share those tools with you.

Have a laptop, or a wireless internet card in your PC? Have you ever been in the position that where you lost your WEP / WPA key, and you interested on retrieving it back? Well with Aircrack you can.

Aircrack is a set of tools for auditing wireless networks. It consists of: airodump (an 802.11 packet capture program), aireplay (an 802.11 packet injection program), aircrack (static WEP and WPA-PSK cracking), and airdecap (decrypts WEP/WPA capture files).

I have used aircrack to try and hack my own wireless network and I am happy to say I am as secure as I can get wirelessly. Again Aircrack comes with the four following pieces of software to help you secure your wireless internet connection.

# airodump (an 802.11 packet capture program)
# aireplay (an 802.11 packet injection program)
# aircrack (static WEP and WPA-PSK cracking)
# airdecap (decrypts WEP/WPA capture files)

Its just the introduction. Next time i will come up with the whole story of AirCrack and many other tools like (Kismet, Netstumbler, NMap and etc)

No comments: